Monday, June 12, 2006

My LDS library

Hello Everyone,
Well I thought I would share with people, every mormon book and video I happen to own. This way people can see how serious I am and know that I do my own research.

For Videos, I own, New Testament Media presentations 7,9,11-21 This video is a teaching video from the Church Educational System it is put out by the LDS church for teaching their classes. it covers these topics. (Justice and mercy, Matthew 21) (To this end was I born Matthew 26-28) (Long promised day Acts 10) (Paul a chosen vessel Acts 21-28) (The doctrine of Grace, Romans) (Faith and Works, Romans) (The body is a temple 1 Cor 3-6) (Godly sorrow leads to repentance 2 Cor 7) (The law of harvest Gal 6) (The whole armour of God Ephesians 6:10-18) The second coming 2 Thess 1; 2:1-3) ( The just shall live by faith, Hebrews 11) ( Helps for understanding the book of revelation, Revelation)

Those are all the topics covered in the Video. They are topics taken from the Bible, but viewed from an LDS point of view. I also own, Finding faith in Christ and The Restoration both videos are from the LDS Church. Those are the only vidoes from the LDS church I own. I have seen all the Movies offered by the Church, when you do the temple tour in SLC Utah. And I have rented a few on video put out by the Church. Now on to the books I own.

I own the 1920 Edtion Triple combo, The king James version of the Bible from the LDS Church with the LDS dictionary in back. Pathways to Perfection (Discoures of Thomas S. Monson) Missionary Pal (Reference Guide for Missionarys and Teachers). The Aritcles of Faith 1977 edtion (By Talmage) Also the 1982 missionary edtion of A of F.

A Marvelous Work and A wonder 1979 edtion by Le Grand Richards. Gospel Doctrine 1977 edtion by J.F.S. Jesus the Christ 1976 edtion by Talmage. A voice of warning by Parlley P. Pratt 1893 13th edtion. The pocket reference book for missionarys, parents and instructors, by Adrian Parker call Jr.
Essentials in Church History, 1922 by J.F.S


Bible ready references, 1917 by J.F.S. Gospel Doctrine, Sermons and Writings, by J.F.S.4th edtion 1928, and in edtion to that, A guide for the study of GOSPEL DOCTRINE, By J.F.S part 2 1921.

Discourses of Brigham Young 1925 and the entire 27 volume set of the Journal of discourses. my set is 27 volumes not 26, because the 27th one is an entire index for all the 26 volumes.

The 1993-94 and 2003 LDS Church Almanac's. Achieving a Celestial Marriage, student manuel 1992 edtion. Teachings of presidents of the Church, BRIGHAM YOUNG 1997 edtion and Jospeh F. Smith1998 edtion. An Approach to the Book of Mormon by Hugh Nibley 1957 edtion. Miracle of forgivness by Spencer Kimball 1969. Mormon Doctrine by Bruce R. McConkie 1958 2nd printing and the 1966 19th printing.

The Gospel through the Ages,1945 edtion by Milton R. Hunter. The Gospel Message by William E. Berrett 1945 edtion. Answers to Gospel Questions vol 2 by J.F.S 1958 2Nd printing. Answering Challenging Mormon Question by Michael W. Hickenbotham 3rd printing 1999 ( Replies to 130 Queries by friends and critics of the LDS church

What do Mormons believe? by Rex E. Lee 1992. Take heed that ye BE NOT DECIVED by Richard I. Winwood1996. All 4 volumes of the Encyclopedia of Mormonism 1992. The life and teachings of Jesus and His Apostles (religion 211-212 course manual) 2nd edtion 1979. Book of Mormon Student manuel 121-121. New Testament Teacher outline sections 19-36, reviews 1-4 from the LDS Church.

Joseph Smith begins his work vol 1 (Book of Mormon 1830 first edtion, reproduced from uncut sheets) by wilford c. wood. 1963 Joseph Smith begins his work vol 2 The book of commandments. the Doctrine and Covenants, The Lectures on Faith, The 14 Articles of Faith, by Wilford C. Wood 1958.

Pearl of Great Price 1888 edtion. Doctrine and Covenants with the oringal lectures of faith included 1883 edtion. The Mormon Corporate Empire by John Hinerman and Anson Shupe1985 edtion. Michael/Adam by Ogden Kraut 5th printing 1993. No man knows my History (the life of Joseph smith) by Fawn M. Brodie 1954. Celestial Symbols by Allen H. Barber 1999. The Seer by Orsan Pratt. Book of LDS Hymns 1985. Mormon Cooking (Authentic recipes)1985. Understanding "Talmage" (a Contextual Dictionary to supplement the study of Jesus the Christ and A of F by Elder James E.Talmage).

Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, by J.F.S.1989 paperback edtion. Early Mormonism and the magic world view, by D. Michael Quinn 1998 edtion. Gospel Principles 1997. All 3 volumes of Doctrines of Salvation by J.F.S. 1954 edtion. Joseph Smith's New Translation Of the Bible 1970 edtion. The Women of Mormondom 4th edtion 1975. Hard bound Edtion of History of the Church 7 volumes 1946 edtion, and the 7 volumes of History of the Church paperback 1978 Edtion. Times and seasons all 6 volumes. All 3 Volumes covering the Entire New Testament, The Doctrinal New Testament Commentary By Bruce R. McConkie1970

ok, Guys, Now all the LDS who ever want claim all I do is read anti mormon books or steal things from Anti sites, these books should prove I do all my own research. I have paid over 200 dollars for a single book. When I was at the fair boards, I had a few LDS challange me on these books. They asked me for a select passage, Example, they would say, Go to this book, give me a quote from pg 212 for example. I did this 3-4 times, then after offering proof, they left me alone.

As wer62 (Ed) Stated, I should have went straight to the LDS church, not picked up an Anti-mormon Book. So I did that after I read the first book. I do, do all my own research. Hope this helps you guys to better understand me and my point of view. Rick b

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I posted a comment and you took it down.
How reliable are you if you can't stand a mild critique of your dull posting.
I don't think it's very honest to purge unfavorable comments and only show comments that you like. Thats what propagandists do.

rick b said...

J.Paul,
I have a few problems with what you said and find you hard to believe, here is why.

1. Have you read my Post saying I had issues with my blog and things were deleted by accident? I was honest about this, even if you dont believe me.

2. I had one LDS post on my blog, it was deleted, I said in a reply, I do not know if He/She removed it or it was an accident on my part, and they could submit it again, they never did, But at least I was honest to admit it.

3. I posted you saying I deleted something, If I were as dishonest as you say, I would have never posted it, and only you would know I never posted it.

If I am honest enough to post your reply, then maybe I did not delete anything on purpose as you state.

4. You want me to direct you to replys of LDS on my blog who said things far more critical than you? I have no idea what you supposedly said about me, but I can assure you that LDS have said far worse and were not Deleted.

So I think your lying, but If your not, then maybe you could fill me in on how I am wrong. Rick b