Wednesday, January 03, 2007

works and the law, part 2

Well Here we go. Part 2 of the works and law topic.

Bruce McConkie says in the book Mormon Doctrine, under the title of Work pg 847
Work is a blessing that brings salvation, idleness a curse that assures damnation


This is simply not taught in scripture, We are told we are saved by the shed Blood of Christ, not works that we do. If we are to believe that work brings salvation, then what about people who cannot work? What I mean by that is, what about a person who is in jail, or stuck in a wheel chair, paralyzed from the neck down.

Now I scanned and will post entire pages for everyone to read. Not everyone has a copy of Mormon doctrine, My part two will be a few thoughts on what is said by Bruce, and allow the readers to read all this for themselves as it is a lot.

Over all their is a lot I could point out, but will not. If anyone wants to talk about a certain section Bruce brings up and I did not address, please feel free to ask about it or speak on it.

Notice that Under the issue of (Salvation), at the very end, Bruce says,
If it had not been for Joseph Smith and the Restoration, there would be no salvation. There is no salvation outside The Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day-Saints.


Wow! You mean if the LDS Church is real and JS is a true prophet of God, then If it were not for Good ol Joe God would have failed? I read in Scripture, God can do anything, If for some reason Joseph Smith never believed God or was killed while a Child, Jesus could have used another Person.

That to me is not how that statement seems to come across, It's Joseph Smith or nothing.

Then under the heading of, (Salvation by Grace) We read this is a soul destroying doctrine. Not only is that not true, but it shows Mormons do teach salvation by works.












I mentioned part of this in my first part. Devin wanted evidence of these quotes, so I scanned them onto here in the Evidence topic. I am adding this one here (Below at the bottom) and want to point out a few things. One is, the author, Joseph Fielding Smith, was the 10th President and a Prophet of the LDS Church. Notice his book is called (The way to perfection). We cannot perfect ourselves and will never be perfect here on earth in this body. Jesus said, if we break even one law, we are guilty of breaking them all. If we are guilty of breaking them all, then we cannot be perfect, if we could be perfect, then Jesus died in vain for our sins.

Notice J.F.S Teaches, in order to be saved in the higest heaven, we must keep the entire law. I want one Mormon to show me he or she can and does keep the entire law perfectly, or tell me any one who does. If you cannot, how can you be sure your saved? How can you be sure what heaven you will enter? Why would I want to join the LDS church if I know I cannot keep the entire law. This would simply be an exercise in frustration.

Lastly, J.F.S says, who ever keeps the Entire law will be washed clean of his sins. This is not what the Bible teaches, The Bible teaches we are washed in the Blood of the lamb to be clean, not keeping the law. Rick B

No comments: