Thursday, May 18, 2006

Am I "Anti-Mormon" ?

I just recently Meet on my blog an LDS member. He Goes by the name DaVinci. He started a blog as a bit of a joke and I am guessing to try and mock me and make fun of me. But he can correct me if I am wrong, He did state on his blog though he started his as a joke to me. Any way he wrote this:
This below was a response to the previous post by Rick b at first it does not look much , but if you think deeper into it , it actually shows or hints at the negative effect the likes of Rick B have , it is impossible to build any positive contacts from such a point that he comes from .
Instead of trying to help by offering something better anti mormons just want to rip apart instead of love they try and create hate see post the enemy REALLY HATES ME , INSTEAD OF FRIENDSHIP THEY CREATE ENEMIES , by mudding the waters with untruths wasn't it Ed Decker who said " anything goes when you are fighting the devil" even truth.
.

My reply to this would be, First off, instead of thinking deeply into what I said, just ask me. Also Davinci seems to feel, because I examine his belief and the teachings of the Mormon Church, therefore I am both an "Anti" and I am only being Negative. He implies I cannot offer any sort of friendship only make enemies. He also wants to know why I cannot offer something better, he feels I can only rip apart.

I think the LDS Church has done their members a grave dis-service by teaching the LDS people this kind of garbage. Read your Bibles, People. The Prophets of Old, Spoke truth to the people, they did not like it so they killed the prophets. Does this mean that when a prophet spoke for the Lord, and he clearly spoke the truth, he was only creating Enemies and promoted hate? No. But If you teach people that anyone who thinks for themselves and follows Acts 17:11 is an enemy then I suppose I must be.

Please read the New Testament also, Jesus spoke the truth and sometimes Jesus was very harsh. Look at the whip of cords he made, The religious leaders picked up stones to stone him. Does this mean Jesus Lied? Then DaVinci says
THEY CREATE ENEMIES , by mudding the waters with untruths.
While it is possible, some so called "Anti's" might use untruths, I challenge anyone to read over my blog and show me some untruths. But lets remember also, Just because you disagree with something I said, does not make it an "untruth" or lie. I quote from LDS sources and own every single book I quote from. I back up every thing I say with Chapter and verse or page number and book. So please be very careful about who you claim lies.

If LDS want to say, I lie, or mis-quote their prophets and Presidents, why is it not one LDS has left a reply stating where I did this. I also just love how the LDS say, we don't answer your questions rick, not because we cannot, but because you would not listen. Really? Are you not judging me by saying that? Why would I spend time and money buying your books and reading them, studying your beliefs and writing all these blog topics if I only want to pick a fight? I really do have other things to do with my life, if that simply was the case. I am not in it for the money, I have never written and published a book, I am not using AD Sense on my blog, I don't want to make money sharing the Gospel.

I want to take a look at how LDS seem to feel anyone who trys to examine mormonism is labeled a ANTI-MORMON. I feel that the Logic the LDS use to say people are Anti-mormon should be applied to them as well. I feel many, not all, But many LDS are both ANTI-Christian, as well as Hypocrites. Here is why I say this.

Webster's dictionary defines "ANTI" as one who opposes a group, policy, practice, or proposal.

It seems to me, the LDS are opposing me and what I do.

Now on this issue of me being an Anti-Mormon, Lets look at what the Bible teaches.
We read in James Chapter 5,

Jam 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;

Jam 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Acts 18:4 And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.

Acts 18:9 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:

Acts 18:11 And he continued [there] a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.


Acts 18:19 And he came to Ephesus, and left them there: but he himself entered into the synagogue, and reasoned with the Jews.

Acts 19:8And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort [you] that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.


Notice in these verses, Paul went to the people to speak, debate and share. Even God told Paul not to hold his peace. As to the Verse in the book of Jude, I don't believe Mormons are contending for the faith. Their is a few reasons why I say that. One reason is this, As I said before, the LDS claim they can answer my questions, they just don't want to. So I believe, even if you feel I wont listen, and you feel I am spreading Lies, at the very least, why not answer my questions for the benefit of the people that will come here and read what I say. You act as if you don't have time to answer my questions, but you have time to start va blog to poke fun at me, And you do me a grave dis-service by assuming I would not listen and do my own homework. How do you know? Have you even tried? I would say no, you have not tried. But here is another reason I believe the mormons wont, don't, or can't contend for the faith. Lets look at what mormon scripture and Prophets/presidents have said and done.


If Mormons want to say anyone who thinks for themselves, searches the Scriptures and says I see problems is an anti-Mormon, Then it would stand to reason, the Mormons are Anti-Christian. We read in the Book Of Mormon:


1Nephi 14:10 Behold there are save two Churches only; the one is the Church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the Church of the Devil; wherefore, whoso belongeth not to the Church of the Lamb of God belongeth to that great Church, which is the mother of abominations; and she is the whore of all the earth.


Someone please tell me how that is not Anti-Christian. Now lets look at some things the LDS Prophets/Presidents Of old have said about us Christians. I quote


B Young: "With a regard to true theology, a more ignorant people never lived than the present so-called Christian world" (Journal of Discourses 8:199). I quote 3rd president John Taylor (Brigham Young quotes Mr Taylor) "Brother Taylor has just said that the religions of the day were hatched in hell, the eggs were laid in hell, hatched on its borders, and kicked onto the earth" (J.O.D 6:176). I quote Heber C. Kimball "Christians-those poor, miserable priests brother Brigham was speaking about-some of them are the biggest whoremasters there are on the earth" (J.O.D 5:89).



Now if people are really honest with themselves here, and we reversed this, and had Christians say about the LDS, they are the biggest whoremasters on the earth, their religion was hatched in hell, ETC, They would cry out for our blood. Why is it they can say this about us? I seem to recall, LDS members saying I and other are anti because we examine what their Church teaches. But yet the LDS prophets said this about Me As a believer. How is this OK?

Many LDS have even tried to get around the issue of the 1st Nephi quote, about their is only two churches. The LDS know that when the B.O.M Speaks about the True Church being the Lamb of God, it speaks about their Church. So it would stand to reason, ANY church that is Not LDS related does or could fall under the Church of the Devil.

In the Book Mormon Doctrine By Bruce R. McConkie Page 137-138 Under Church of the devil He says just what I said.


The titles church of the devil and great and abominable church are used to identify ALL Churchs or organizations of whatever name or nature-whether political, philosophical, educational, economic, social, fraternal, civic, or religious-which are designed to take men on a course that leads away from God and his laws and thus from salvation in the kingdom of God.



Bruce goes on to say, under the same heading and page.

Any church or organization of any kind whatever which satisfies the innate religious longings of man and keeps him from coming to the saving truths of Christ and his gospel is therefore not of God.
Hence we find our Lord saying,

"he that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad."(Matthew.12:30)

And hence we find Alma inviting the wicked to repent and join the true Church of Christ and become the sheep of the Good Shepherd.

"And now if ye are not the sheep of the good shepherd, of what fold are ye? he ask's. "Behold, I say unto you, that the devil is your shepherd, and ye are of his fold; and know, who can deny this? Behold, I say unto you, whosoever denieth this is a liar and a child of the devil"(Alma 5:39; Jos. Smith2:19.)



Sometimes I really believe, Mormons either do not know what their scriptures teach, or they really don't care. Read

Jacob 1:19: Says if we do not teach the word of God with all diligence, then the blood of the people will be upon our heads.




This verse states if we do not teach the word of God, the blood of the People will be on our heads. Well If I really believe the Mormons are deceived, and try and tell them, I get labeled as an Anti. Sadly I try and follow these teachings and share with them and I get called names, But where is the Love from them to try and set me straight? I don't see it, because they simply say, You would not listen anyway, But yet did you even try and give me a reply? no. so how can you say I would not listen? Look over my blog under comments given, you find stuff like, your ignorant, or what a waste of time, or on DaVinci's site, someone called me a fool. Where's the love and trying to turn a sinner from the error of their ways? I only see bitterness.Then add to that,


Alma 26:29-30 29: And we have entered into their houses and taught them, and we have taught them in their streets; yea, and we have taught them upon their hills; and we have also entered into their temples and their synagogues and taught them; and we have been cast out, and mocked, and spit upon, and smote upon our cheeks; and we have been stoned, and taken and bound with strong cords, and cast into prison; and through the power and wisdom of God we have been delivered again. 30: And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some.


The verses in Alma are clear, Mormons went to people and taught them. And sadly they went with the sincere desire to see lost souls saved, even if they were Beaten, Mocked, Spit upon, ETC. Since when have I personally done these things? I have not. So why wont LDS share with me? How come your not like the Mormon Missionary's in the BoM? Even Paul was beaten over and over. Not LDS of today. What are you afraid of?



What about, Articles of Faith number 11

11 We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.


What is really sad here, is, if I witness to Mormons, I get attacked as an Anti Mormon. Yet they, according to their scripture take it to the people and teach them. But according to A of F 11, They say they allow people to worship how, who and where they like, Yet if we use a little logic, we find this is not really true. Here's why? If the LDS come to me and share their gospel with me, even though they might not come out and be so bold as to tell me what I believe is wrong, like I do with them, it stands to reason, If I believe what they teach me or tell me, then I must be wrong, because we cannot both be correct. Either my belief is true or theirs is. We cant both be right, especially if our beliefs are so far apart in Theology.

Here is More LDS scripture they seem to forget about.
In the Pearl of Great Price, under

Joseph Smith 2:18-19, it says, “18:My object in going to inquire of the Lord was to know which of all the sects was right, that I might know which to join. No sooner, therefore, did I get possession of myself, so as to be able to speak, than I asked the personages who stood above me in the light, which of all the sects was right and which I should join.19: I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the personage who addressed me said that ALL THEIR CREEDS WERE AN ABOMINATION IN HIS SIGHT; THAT THOSE PROFESSORS WERE ALL CORRUPT; THAT THEY DRAW NEAR TO ME WITH THEIR LIPS, BUT THEIR HEARTS ARE FAR FROM ME, THEY TEACH FOR DOCTRINES THE COMMANDMENTS OF MEN, HAVING A FORM OF GODLINESS, BUT THEY DENY THE POWER THEREOF.”


In verse 17 it is God the Father and the Son speaking about the state of the Christian Church to Joseph Smith. We as believers are not attacking, we are just responding to Joseph Smith’s statement about our church. Now here is something the Prophet/President said, I do this, but also find it rather interesting a Prophet would say this.

Read pg 188 of
Doctrines of Salvation vol 1
Joseph F Smith. "CHURCH STANDS OR FALLS WITH JOSEPH SMITH. MORMONISM, as it is called, must stand or fall on the story of Joseph Smith. He was either a prophet of God, divinely called, properly appointed and commissioned, or he was one of the biggest frauds this world has ever seen. Their is no middle ground. If Joseph Smith was a deceiver, who willfully attempted to mislead the people, then he should be exposed: his claims should be refuted, and his doctrines shown to be false".


In the LDS Scripture we read again,
D and C 71:5-11 98:14,23-26 it says meet your enemy in public.
D and C 66:7 68:1,9 go into the church's public or private to discuss this stuff.
D and C 6:9-11 say convince us of our error if we have any.


If I am your enemy which I don't feel I am, but if I am it says meet me in public to talk about this stuff.
And it says to Convince us of our error, if we have any When I try that, All I get is called names or told, I can answer your question, but you don't really want to hear.


Again, why do I get accused of being hateful for doing what the scriptures teach. Now let me add this, would you agree it is good to listen to the mormon prophets? if so, then I am.


Orson Pratt,The Seer pg 15.
"we ask from you the same generosity--protect us in the exercise of our religious rights--CONVINCE US of our errors of doctrine, if we have any, by reason, by logical arguments, or by the word of god, and we will be ever grateful for the information, and you will ever have the pleasing reflection that you have been instruments in the hands of God redeeming your fellow beings from the darkness which you may see enveloping their minds".


I tried Doing what Orson Pratt said, Boy, that does not work,I am just trying to look at mormonism in a logical way and point out what I believe are problems. I find it interesting that mormons of old were willing to tell others they were wrong or be open to talks. but it does not appear to be that way today.

Mormon President George A Smith said page 216 in volume 14 of the J.O.D.

“If a faith will not bear to be investigated; if it’s preachers and professors are afraid to have it examined, their foundation must be very weak.”


I believe this fits the Mormons perfectly, as they really don't want their faith examined. Because if you do, then they call you an Anti-Mormon. Any LDS care to share some thoughts? Rick b

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»